Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Are you talking to me?

In one memorable scene from the movie "Taxi Driver," Travis Bickle, played by Robert De Niro, is in a room by himself looking into a mirror. He says, ""You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? ... Well I'm the only one here..." This spectacled weaver seemed to be having similar issues. I first saw this bird attacking the mirror on our Land Cruiser two days ago. This was not just a quick attack, but a repeated assault, which has now continued over the course of a few days. Many birds are highly territorial and will drive invaders from their territory. This guy takes it to a new level, attempting to drive himself from his own territory. I hope he doesn't break the mirror or his beak!


I don't see anyone else here, so you must be talking to me.


Who do you think you are talking to?



Maybe he is back here...

No comments:


Michigan State University | College of Natural Science