Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Fisi Fashion

Here at Serena Fisi Camp (fisi is Swahili for hyena) we go through more outfits than you might expect. We start off every morning freezing our behinds off and finish off our evenings back in the cold. However, Kenya has a tendency to heat up very quickly throughout the rest of the day. So here my co-RA Jana and I would like to give you a little tour of our Fisi Fashion: 
Although not taken at 0530 when we leave for mornings obs, this is how Jana starts off nearly every morning.

I myself tend to bundle up, but to everyone's surprise, we're not going to the snow! I'm just that cold.

Come midday, Jana and I tend to do our daily work out, but as Jana is advertising here, it's safety first here at Fisi Camp! Just check out that hydration and high SPF sunscreen.

I tend to go a little more low intensity when exercising; just enough to get a little sweaty so yoga is my go to.

Sometimes we dress up to get drinks at the nearby lodge or when we really want to make a good impression. But you'll never catch me without my Tevas!

Jana gets even more dressed up than I do with those fancy jeans!

After we work out we tend to just lounge and relax. Jana would like everyone to notice that her idea of relaxing is to solve hard sudoku puzzles. Gotta keep that brain sharp!

When lounging, I tend to read a fiction book to take my mind off the stress of the day, but Jana and I have very similar uniforms when it comes to loungewear, mine just happens to be blue instead of black!

As you can see, Fisi Fashion varies widely! From fleeces and sweatpants to elephant pants and tank tops, every day we go through our closet to find the most weather appropriate outfit for that hour. And here, comfort is key, but that doesn't mean we don't stay fashionable! Gotta keep up with those trends, am I right? We are even lucky enough to be able to get some clothes made just for us, Jana tending towards beautiful black and white patterns while I look for as much color as can fit on a piece of fabric. We all have our styles, and they're all great! What's your Fisi Fashion?

1 comment:


Michigan State University | College of Natural Science