Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Back Home and Missing Camp Already!


This past year has been quite an adventure, and now that I’m home, it’s time to reflect. In camp I learned a lot, and not just about hyenas. From learning the basic mechanics of the camp vehicles, to off-road driving and learning to drive a stick, to maintaining the solar panels and wiring and much more, it certainly was an incredible experience. And, of course, I also learned quite a bit about hyenas!

But, I’ve written enough about all of that in my past blog posts. It’s time, now to say farewell. I’ve been home for a few weeks now, and I’m already missing these guys:






And I’ll miss all of my friends out in the Mara as well!

So, my time in the Mara is finished (for now), and it’s time for me to move on and finish my bachelors degree. I wish only the best to the project and everyone out in the field right now. I’ll always remember my year in the field fondly, and I can’t wait until I have the opportunity visit Kenya again.

No comments:


Michigan State University | College of Natural Science